Korean Beauty Blogger Vicky Lee
Korean Beauty and Lifestyle Blogger Vicky Lee is both beautiful and clever. She achieved a Master’s degree at Cornell University, before founding a technology startup company in Silicon Valley. Her latest offering, Sorabelle.com highlights Korean beauty (aka K-Beauty), with an insight into her glamorous life in London.
Vicky Lee’s 8 point Routine
- Wash face with water: only use water to wash your face with water in the morning.
- Toner: This balances the pH levels of the skin and avoids the skin becoming dehydrated.
- Essence: in between a serum and a toner, essence hydrates the skin to aid cellular turnover.
- Ampoule: a booster with high concentrations of active ingredients, aim to treat specific skin issues.
- Serum: high in active ingredients to target specific concerns (lines, dehydration or pigmentation).
- Eye cream: patted under the eye from the inner to the outer eye corner. The eye has no sebaceous glands to it is important to apply eye cream to prevent and plump up fine lines and wrinkles.
- Moisturiser: smooth a layer of moisturiser to maintain hydration through the day.
- Sunscreen: now for Korean women generally pale skin is revered, so sunscreen is essential. We European based Aussies seem to love the sun and a tan is revered. Go figure. We all want what we can’t have. But ladies of all origins, the sun is the number one enemy of the skin, so if you want to protect your biggest organ, wear sunscreen 30+ at least.
“It may sound extensive, but most Korean women use an 8 and 10-step skincare routine each and every day to help keep their skin looking healthy and beautiful. Although it’s quite a bit of work compared to the average skincare regime, their effort does not go unnoticed – these women take pride in knowing they have some of the best skin in the world!” – Vicky Lee (source Cosmopolitan UK)