The arrival of a generous box of the Honest Harvest® coconut water very welcome as I hadn’t tried it before, but slightly confusing because some bottles contained a pink coloured liquid and others were clear. The taste was no different from pink to clear, but the pink was so pretty.
Because it has no Preservatives It Goes Pink Naturally when exposed to light
Coconut water contains naturally occurring variations in levels of antioxidants, such as polyphenols, that can turn pink. Honest Harvest coconut water is clear when bottled.
I personally love the pale pink and think it would be gorgeous in cocktails or mocktails. (see below for the Coconut Water and Lemonade Mocktail and Cocktail.
So why is it such a great option in a saturated market of coconut water?
Home is where the heart is
Honest Harvest selects the fresh, young green Nam Hom coconuts from Thailand. From tree to bottle, the the same day ensures that the peak ripeness captures the unique flavour of the elixir of health. The Nam Hom coconut is considered the sweetest and most flavoursome coconut in the world. Honest Harvest never use heat to pasteurise the product. All the flavour and goodness is kept alive by using High Pressure Processing (HPP). The result is that Honest Harvest coconut water stays fresher for longer, minus the bad stuff.
Healthier farmers too
As our name suggests, Honest Harvest is all about maintaining fairness and integrity to the growers. The systems put into place support both their way of life and the biodiversity of the land. This means that these coconut groves are prosperous and healthy for decades to come. Every part of the Honest Harvest operation – cultural, biological and mechanical, conforms to USDA organic regulations.
Honest means fair
Honest Harvest is also a Fair For Life member. In a coconut shell, this means… through ethical, fair and respectful partnerships there comes positive and sustainable change benefiting people and their environment through more stable pricing for growers, decent and fair working conditions, and the empowerment of farmers and workers. For you, it’s an easy, identifiable way of improving many communities.
100% Raw Organic
Because of the use of high pressure processing the coconut water is kept 100% pure and retains 100% of the delicious, unique coconut taste. Honest Harvest don’t heat the coconut water which would negate the nutritional value and delicate organic coconut taste.
Honest Harvest Details
Honest Harvest is not only a great tasting coconut water, but it’s also good for you and a natural Isotonic for the body. Not convinced? Let us list the ways:
- Naturally hydrating Isotonic for the body
- 100% Organic
- Single Origin
- Never Heated
- No added sugar
- Not from concentrate
- No additives
- No preservatives
- Gluten free
- Contains bioactive enzymes
- Essentials Electrolytes for your body
- More potassium than an average banana
- Fair trade responsible
- Helping to create positive social & economic change
What is so good about coconut water?
According the reputable health and wellbeing site healthline.com coconut water has undergone many laboratory tests and preliminary results show that coconut water may:
According to healthline.com there are 8 main benefits of drinking coconut water may:
- Provides a good source of nutrients
- Contain antioxidant properties to neutralise the effects of free radicals (anti-ageing)
- Help fight diabetes
- Support heart health
- Reduce blood pressure
- Be beneficial after prolonged exercise
- Offer a delicious source of hydration.
Now for some fun! Strawberry Coconut Water Lemonade Mocktail and Cocktail
- Squeeze 4 lemons, to get 3/4 cup fresh lemon juice (Note: to get every last drop of juice is to first microwave your lemons for 25-30 seconds.)
- Add 2 cups of Honest Harvest coconut water.
- Next trim a punnet of washes strawberries, then slice in half and add to a blender along with the lemon juice. Blend until smooth.
- Add a splash of a simple sweeter syrup, which is equal parts Stevia (a sweetener that is natural and has minimal calories) with water and stir until dissolved.
- Add about 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons of the Stevia syrup syrup in the entire 5+ cup recipe.
- Stir everything together then pour the Strawberry Coconut Water Lemonade over ice.
Grown Ups’ Optional Extra:
If you want to make this a cocktail, simply add a good splash of quality vodka.