I live in and love Mosman as a place to bring up my daughter. It also is home to some of the most lovely residences in Sydney. Close to family-friendly Balmoral Beach, great schools, a village type atmosphere, leafy and one of the most affluent suburbs in Australia. As you probably know I am studying a Diploma of Property (Agency management) because I have such a passion for a Mosman “dream home”. I take a keen interest in understanding the homes and home data of Mosman and surrounding suburbs. I adore Mosman’s atmosphere, shops, people and unique ability to catch ferry to the city.
The property I have chosen to showcase this month is 6 Redan Street Mosman, called “Newbury”. Newbury is an impeccable example of Federation style which is typical of the area. Modern styling and classical elegance means this house will be in high demand.
First impressions walking into the open house:
- Original features are lovely and the nature of the modern elements means the vintage and contemporary elements of the home don’t negate one another
- Spacious and large scale, but still warm and inviting
- Fireplace on making it easy to see how nice a family home would be
- Styled to reflect the target market of affluent “forever home” family, with 2 kid, home office, and a spare room for guests
- Kitchen manageable size and elegantly finished hardware
- High-end pyrolytic oven, Asko dishwasher
- Harbour views from master bedroom
- Medium sized closet with ensuite
Through my own research I estimated this lovely home at $5.4million. I should have added in an emotional aspect. The Auction opened at $5.4million and closed after an emotional bidding war, at $5.95million, so a great result for the team at O’Gorman and Partners.