Shannon Crees is a prolific and incredibly talented artist who lives and works in Sydney, Australia. Shannon paints and prints small artworks through to huge street art pieces, locally and internationally.
- The only Australian artist included in the high profile line up of ‘the best graffiti artists in the world’ at ‘Banksy’s Cans Festival 2’ in London painted murals for Sheffield’s international mural festival in Tasmania and Outpost: ‘the southern hemispheres’ biggest Street art festival”
- Painted murals for Sheffield’s international mural festival in Tasmania and Outpost: ‘the southern hemispheres’ biggest Street art festival’ on Cockatoo Island. The winner of Leichhardt councils’ ‘Wall to Wall’ competition, with an 80 square meter mural
- Invited by the Chinese Government to perform a Street art demonstration in China and has painted live for audiences from London to Dubai.
- Featured in ‘Cut back doco’, ‘the china project’ and such television shows such as ‘Getaway’, ‘The Apprentice’, on SBS and was profiled on the art segment of the ABC News covering her international mural painting.
- Currently painting two unique paths through the contemporary street and fine art landscapes.
- Displayed in the MCA for Australian Fashion week and in Sydney’s town Hall.
- Finalist in the Portia Geach, Salon des Refusés and Warringah art prizes.
Her artworks on canvas are held in private collections around the world, and I am fortunate to own one of her early paintings, which was bought for Valentine’s Day by my hubby.
The scale of this current work shows her ability to transform a blank wall into a living thing.