If you feel like engagement could be on the cards soon for you and your partner, you will want to make sure that he picks an engagement ring you love. Dropping hints can be a lot easier said than done. For some relationships, it is a breeze because you have already spoken about getting married before. For others, it can be somewhat of a taboo subject between the both of you, making it incredibly difficult for you to drop hints. But, don’t fret, as we have some suggestions…
- Enlist your friend for assistance – This is one of the best ways to get your point across without looking like you are being pushy about getting married. Simply get your friend to do the dirty work for you.
- Use your friend’s engagement as an opportunity to tell your partner what you like – You can also use your friends to help you in another way. If any of your friends have recently gotten engaged, use this an opportunity to provide some feedback about the choice of engagement ring. You can say something like: “Oh, I love her engagement ring, but I personally prefer square-shaped diamonds over oval.”
- Celebrity commentary – If you do not have any friends that have recently got engaged, don’t worry, as you can use the same approach by commenting on celebrity engagement rings. After all, news of celeb engagements pop up all of the time, giving you the perfect chance to drop a hint. “Did you see that Prince Harry proposed? Meghan’s engagement ring is perfect.”
- The subtle social hint – Another way to get your point across is by using social media. This does not mean that you should create a dream engagement board on Pinterest, but you can use social media to cleverly leave little hints. Post links to your favourite collections, such as “wow I love the new rings at https://www.whiteflash.com/engagement-rings/tacori/.” You could also re-tweet posts from jewellery companies or anyone sharing photos of their engagement ring online.
- Leave a picture on your phone for him to see – Accidently, kind of on purpose, leave your phone open on a picture of an engagement ring you like. Don’t try this tactic more than once; you don’t want to appear obsessed with the idea.
- Design it together – One of the best ways to make sure that you get the engagement ring you want is to design it together. You can find some great advice on doing so at https://www.brides.com/story/custom-engagement-ring-tips. You can do this by telling your partner that you think it is unfair that the guy has all of the pressure of choosing a ring and that it would be something nice to do together. Or, you could say that someone you know proposed to his girlfriend with a low-cost ring, and they then went and bought an engagement ring together, and that you think it is an amazing idea.
So there you have it: some of the best ways to drop effective hints so that you can get the engagement ring you love. Follow the advice that has been provided, and you are bound to end up with your dream sparkler on your left hand.