Do you ever walk into the home of your friends and family and get total kitchen envy? I know I do, especially when the kitchen has been recently renovated and upgraded to be so modern, that there are sockets hiding in the countertops and cupboards that open by the slightest touch. The kitchen is the heart of the home – every home needs a heart and the kitchen is just that for many people. It’s a place of community, of cooking and of coming together and being a family. So, it makes sense, then, that it should be one of the first places that you look to renovate when you need to make changes. It’s the room you’ll use the most, so it’ll also be the room that deteriorates the fastest. Below, you’ll find six sensible reasons to renovate the kitchen before any other room in the house.
- New Priorities. Kitchen use changes over time. When you’re single, it may just be used for a microwave and minute meals as you crash at your house long enough to get ready for the next day. The thing is, once you have a family, the way you use your kitchen changes. The kitchen you once buzzed those micro meals in is now defunct. You need a kitchen that makes sense for your kids, so a renovation with custom luxury home builders can make a huge difference to the house. Kitchens take time to plan and build, so get ready for a big change.
- Tastes Change. Let’s say you’ve had your house for a good few years, over time, tastes change. Those personal tastes that you’ve always been proud of need a shake up. If you find that your kitchen need a breath of fresh air, it’s time to upgrade.
- Better Convenience. Do you need more space? A bigger pantry? A bigger oven? All of these reasons for convenience make good sense for your family and older kitchens are often not in keeping with what you need now. You need that built-in dishwasher and the refrigerator built into the cupboard.
- Energy Efficiency. Outdated and out-modelled appliances could be draining your budget, and you wouldn’t even know it. Being more energy efficient is important, and not just for your wallet. You need to do something for the environment, too, and your appliances could be causing you to have a bigger carbon footprint. Get them out and new ones in!
- Easy Maintenance. Your kitchen needs to make your life easy. Countertops that are wiped down easily, low maintenance flooring and materials are easier to care for, too, making your day easier to manage.
- Adds Value. What better way to upgrade your house value than with a new kitchen? If you choose to move on one day, you’ve got a kitchn with all the gadgets that others want.
Your home is your palace, and you should treat it as such. You deserve the upgrade as much as your house does. Be your own kitchen envy!