We all want to lead healthy lifestyles. This will make day to day experiences easier for us. But, as many of us find at some point or another, you need to make an active effort to lead a lifestyle that is good for you. You need to give your body the things that it needs to function at optimum capacity. Here are a few suggestions that could help you along!
Vitamins and Minerals
Everyone needs vitamins and minerals in their diet. This is why we’re constantly told that we need to eat a healthy, balanced diet. Our bodies require all sorts of nutrients to operate at their full capacity. So, make sure to eat a varied diet and to monitor areas where you may be falling short, making active choices to incorporate them into your meals and snacks.
- Eat a Balanced Diet – the key to getting all your nutrients is moderation.You shouldn’t exclude any particular food group. Instead, you need to make sure that you’re eating them all in the right quantities. If you’re struggling, contact a nutritionist who can help you to create a meal plan.
- Eat Superfoods – superfoods are foods that are nutritionally dense and have been deemed by medics and scientists to have notable benefits for your overall health and wellbeing. Some popular superfoods include blueberries, avocados, goji berries, acai berries, flaxseeds, olive oil, fermented foods and more.
- Consider Supplements – if you’re struggling to get all of the vitamins and minerals you need into your diet, you may want to consider taking supplements, These can help. Consider Dr Wallach’s 90 for Life nutrients.
Eight Hours of Sleep a Night
Sleep is such an important element of our existence. It’s something that every single adult should do for roughly eight hours within every twenty four hour a day. This recommendation is for a good reason. Scientists and medics have conducted a whole lot of research into the subject and have concluded that eight hours is necessary, as this is what studies have shown our bodies require to operate at peak levels. When you get eight hours sleep, you give your body enough time to rest and recuperate. You rest your muscles. You rest your mind. Getting sufficient sleep also ensures that you retain the information you’ve taken in throughout the day and form memories of that which matters. So, what can you do to get the recommended amount of sleep and help your body out?
- Cut Out Caffeine – caffeine is a stimulant that can keep you awake at night. Where possible, try to cut it out of your diet. Caffeine is present in coffee, tea, fizzy drinks and energy drinks.
- Put Down Devices – when you start getting ready for bed, make sure to shut down or turn off your devices. Laptops, tablets and smart phones all emit a blue light that mimics natural light. This can make your body think that it’s daytime and make it difficult for you to wind down.
- Try Weighted Blankets – increasing numbers of people are beginning to experience the benefits of using a weighted blanket. If you suffer to sleep due to issues such as insomnia, anxiety or stress, you may find that one can really help! Put simply, a weighted blanket is a soft blanket that is filled with heavy beads that put their weight on you when you’re getting to sleep. There are claims that this can increase serotonin and melatonin levels in your body and reduce cortisol levels.
- Consult Your Doctor – if you find that you are still struggling to get to sleep or stay asleep, you may want to get in touch with your doctor. You may not realise, but there are various health conditions that can cause issues sleeping. Make sure to consult your doctor, as they may diagnose health concerns that are causing sleep issues. If issues are identified, they can set you on the right path for treatment, which could include prescription sleep tablets, sleep clinics or therapy.
As you can see, a healthy diet and plenty of sleep are absolutely essential for your overall health and wellbeing. Sure, this may take some planning and you may need to try a few different things out before you hit the perfect balance. Hopefully, some of the information outlined above will help you to implement positive change in your life!