Why am I a designer, social media specialist, and blogger? Simply because I love my work and play, and it all blends into one. I love opening the Pandora’s box of marketing tips and tricks with design and social media,
I’ve won a few design awards as a graphic designer. I have worked as a designer for 15+ years. I have worked in banks, agencies, studios, weight loss companies, in social media and PR, beauty marketing and as a makeup artist for a stint. I even sponsored Miss World Australia for a year and had my own line of branded cosmetics. I have a lot to share, curate and create. The successes I have had all had one thing in common, great design and PR.
I work and live by the desire to learn, give and grow as a woman. I am proud of my 47 years. I believe that you make a life by what you give. Being a beauty and lifestyle blogger has been a dream of mine and a way for me to share all I have learned in my career and life experience.
What inspires me as a designer and social media specialist?
- packaging in Sephora
- art and architecture
- decor and interior design
- anything visual that is beautiful makes me happy!
What inspires me as a beauty and lifestyle blogger?
- seeing my beautiful daughter’s 15-year-old face every morning
- the latte my hubby brings me every morning
- knowing I have a job to go to where the people are nice
- learning to do new things or gain knowledge
- catching the ferry to work
- a satisfying career
- a loving marriage of 17 years with a man who makes me laugh every day
- beautiful packaging
- a well-made bed (I actually think I am OCD with this)
- gadgets, devices, and stationery that helps me to keep up with my busy life
- applying beauty and makeup products to myself and to others
- the smells, textures, colours, and presentation of beauty products
- anything French: desserts, ballet, culture, language and that inescapable chic quality that French women possess.
Stuff I have Learned (formally).
- Currently studying the Diploma of Property Services (Agency Management) (National code CPP50307)
- Certificate in Fashion, Glamour, and Bridal Makeup Artistry – Napoleon Makeup Academy 2004
Colour Theory and Concept, Essential Skin Prep and Complexion Perfection, Couture Contouring, Expert Eye Design, Pouts with Purpose
- Associate Diploma Arts (Graphic Design) – Enmore Design Centre 1993 – 1994
Graphic Design, Illustration, Packaging, Multimedia, Visual Communication Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator/Quark Xpress.
- Bachelor of Visual Arts – Sydney College of the Art (Uni of Sydney) 1990 – 1993
Major: PaintingOther Studies: Social Theory, Mass Media, Sociology & Philosophy
If you’d like to be featured on this blog and/or get in touch with me, call me on 0405 324 369 or email me directly.
Featured image source: Instagram.com