Why am I a designer, social media specialist and blogger? Simply because I love design, marketing and writing.
Why Do I love My blog?
Being a beauty and lifestyle blogger is my passion and a way for me to share all I have learned in my career and life experience. I love to interview inspirational people, write about the amazing products and services I get to experience, and share tips and tricks to get through beauty and life. I don’t charge for my posts, but may receive products or services to review. I am always honest with my opinions, but I do try to find the good in everything.
About Being a designer…
I’ve won a few design awards as a graphic designer for packaging and catalogues, but I am not about creating award winning work. I care about my clients and the efficacy of the work I do. In short I want you to succeed.
I have worked as a designer for 20+ years. I have worked in banks, agencies, studios, weight loss companies, in social media and PR, beauty marketing and as a makeup artist for a stint. I even sponsored Miss World Australia for a year and had my own line of branded cosmetics. I have a lot to share, curate and create. The successes I have had all had 3 ingredients in common: great design, clever marketing with a sprinkling of intuitive PR. I always come back to my passion, which is transforming women’s businesses into strong and successful brands.
What Inspires Me?
- the ground floor of department stores
- traveling through Europe
- my friends (whether they are friends I see every day or people I have become close to online – these friends help me get through life)
- fashion and beauty magazines
- beautiful books
- all forms of art and architecture
- decor and interior design
- gorgeous colours in unexpected combinations
- anything beautiful makes me happy!
- seeing my beautiful daughter’s 16-year-old face every morning – with a teenager, some mornings more than others at this age : _
- learning to do new things or gain knowledge
- living in Sydney near the water
- products that transform lives
- a loving marriage with a man who makes me laugh every day
- innovative packaging
- a well-made bed
- gadgets, devices, and stationery that helps me to keep up with my busy life
- playing with beauty and makeup products
- the smells, textures, colours, and presentation of cosmetics and skin care
- anything French: desserts, ballet, culture, language and that inescapable chic quality that French women have.
- Currently studying the Diploma of Property Services (Agency Management) (National code CPP50307)
- Certificate in Fashion, Glamour, and Bridal Makeup Artistry – Napoleon Makeup Academy 2004
Colour Theory and Concept, Essential Skin Prep and Complexion Perfection, Couture Contouring, Expert Eye Design, Pouts with Purpose
- Associate Diploma Arts (Graphic Design) – Enmore Design Centre 1993 – 1994
Graphic Design, Illustration, Packaging, Multimedia, Visual Communication Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator/Quark Xpress.
- Bachelor of Visual Arts – Sydney College of the Art (Uni of Sydney) 1990 – 1993
Major: Painting. Other Studies: Social Theory, Mass Media, Sociology & Philosophy
If you’d like to be featured on this blog and/or get in touch with me, call me on 0405 324 369 or email me directly.
Featured image source: Instagram.com