Why am I a designer, social media specialist, and blogger? Simply because I love helping businesses get going and being able to transform a business into a brand.
About Being a designer…
I’ve won a few design awards as a graphic designer for packaging and catalogues, but I am not about creating award winning work. I care about my clients and the efficacy of the work I do. In short I want you to succeed.
I have worked as a designer for 20+ years. I have worked in banks, agencies, studios, weight loss companies, in social media and PR, beauty marketing and as a makeup artist for a stint. I even sponsored Miss World Australia for a year and had my own line of branded cosmetics. I have a lot to share, curate and create. The successes I have had all had 3 ingredients in common: great design, clever marketing with a sprinkling of intuitive PR. I always come back to my passion, which is transforming women’s businesses into strong and successful brands.
About My blog
I work and live by the desire to learn, give and grow. I am proud of my 48 years. I believe that you make a life by what you give. Being a beauty and lifestyle blogger is my passion and a way for me to share all I have learned in my career and life experience. I love to interview inspirational people, write about products and services I have experienced, and share tips and tricks to get through life. I don’t charge for my posts, but may recieve products or services for free. I am always honest with my opinions. I try to find the good in everyone.
What Inspires Me?
- the ground floor of galerieslafayette.com in Paris (beauty on seroids)
- travelling in Europe
- my friends (whether they are friends I see every day or people I have become close to online – these friends help me get through life)
- fashion and beauty magazines
- beautiful books
- all forms of art and architecture
- decor and interior design
- amazing colours and unexpected combinations
- anything beautiful makes me happy!
- seeing my beautiful daughter’s 16-year-old face every morning – with a teenager, some mornings more than others at this age : _
- the latte my hubby brings me every morning without fail
- working for myself and determining my own destiny
- learning to do new things or gain knowledge
- living in Sydney near the water
- amazing products that transform lives
- a loving marriage of 17 years with a man who makes me laugh every day
- innovative packaging
- a well-made bed (I actually think I am OCD with this)
- gadgets, devices, and stationery that helps me to keep up with my busy life
- playing with beauty and makeup products
- the smells, textures, colours, and presentation of cosmetics and skincare
- anything French: desserts, ballet, culture, language and that inescapable chic quality that French women possess.
- Currently studying the Diploma of Property Services (Agency Management) (National code CPP50307)
- Certificate in Fashion, Glamour, and Bridal Makeup Artistry – Napoleon Makeup Academy 2004
Colour Theory and Concept, Essential Skin Prep and Complexion Perfection, Couture Contouring, Expert Eye Design, Pouts with Purpose
- Associate Diploma Arts (Graphic Design) – Enmore Design Centre 1993 – 1994
Graphic Design, Illustration, Packaging, Multimedia, Visual Communication Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator/Quark Xpress.
- Bachelor of Visual Arts – Sydney College of the Art (Uni of Sydney) 1990 – 1993
Major: PaintingOther Studies: Social Theory, Mass Media, Sociology & Philosophy
If you’d like to be featured on this blog and/or get in touch with me, call me on 0405 324 369 or email me directly.
Featured image source: Instagram.com